Friday, July 15, 2011

The Proposal


April 16, 2011
Here's the Story:

It all started around 5:30pm on Saturday evening. Will picked me up from my place and when I opened the door he was hiding something wrapped up in clothes. He went to my room and I followed him. He sat me down and pulled out a long stem red rose and said, "This is where I first told you that I loved you, and I haven't stopped loving you since". My face lit up and my eyes began to water. I didn't want to ruin my make-up so I held back the tears and we left. I knew at this moment that something was definitely up. He wouldn't tell me where we were going and then we pulled up to Studio 600. He reached into the back seat and gave me another rose and said, This is the place where we first met". Again, I just lit up. We were both so nervous that the car ride was kind of awkward and I didn't know what to do or say.

Then we went out to dinner at Tucanos, a brazillian food place, which is in the Gateway Mall. When we left dinner we decided to take a walk around the Mall because it was a beautiful day. We didn't get 2 minutes away when he changed his mind and decided to walk around Temple Square, since we hadn't done that in a while. I agreed so we parked the car a block away and started walking. As we got closer to the entrance, he suggested that we walk around and enter in a different way that we haven't gone before. I said okay not thinking anything about it. Surely he wasn't going to be that cliche and propose on Temple Square. We got to the light at State St. and North Temple. Then he suggested that we go to the Brigham Young Memorial Park right across the street, because neither one of us had been there before. I said, "yeah! that's a good idea. Let's check it out".

We entered into the park and turned left on the circle path and a few seconds later I recognized a trail of familiar red roses resting on a platform. When I realized they were for me, I looked over at Will and gave him a big smile. I began picking up rose by rose with a slip of paper inserted between the pedals in each rose with a reason why he loved me.I started to finally let the tears loose.24 roses later I came to the last slip of paper tucked into the pedals of the center rose of a vase filled with 2 more dozen roses. I picked up the note and it read, " I love you because I want to be one with you forever". Right then he got down on one knee, pulled out a ring and took my left hand and held it in his. He started telling me that he meant every one of those notes and that they all came from his heart. He told me how much he loved me and how he wants to be with me for eternity. Some other mushy things were mentioned and he started to take my CTR ring off my right hand, and I giggled and said, "Wrong hand". Poor guy was just so eager. Then he slid the beautiful ring onto my left hand. I noticed he left out a very important phrase in this proposal. I quickly asked him, "what are the words?", his eyes widened and he realized what I meant. " Will you marry me?". " Of course!", I said. Then he stood up and we hugged and kissed and said "I love you". He pointed over off into the distance and I saw his sister Aimee, niece Krysten, and aunt Kathy video taping and taking pictures the whole time. They rushed over to us and we all hugged and took pictures.

Later that night after I had shouted to the world that I had just gotten engaged, we went on to finish our night. We went to Ensign Peak Park and cuddled on a blanket as he handed me my final rose. This was where we had our first romantic date that I had planned. We sat and watched the view of the valley and talked and smiled a lot!!

I am so lucky to have Will in my life. He is my best friend and my eternal companion.


No comments:

Post a Comment